TERMS OF SERVICE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Winchester Mystery House, LLC grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this Site solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree not to copy materials on the Site, reverse engineer or break into the Site, or use materials, products or services in violation of any law. The use of this Site is at the discretion of Winchester Mystery House, LLC and your use of this Site may be terminated at any time.
- You may download material displayed on the Site only for your non-commercial, personal use on a single device, provided you do not delete or alter any of our copyright and other proprietary notices, or use downloaded material in any fashion that suggests to others that you are affiliated with or that you or your use is endorsed or approved by Winchester Mystery House, LLC. You also may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, publish, display, create derivative works from, or otherwise use the content of the Site, including the text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes without the written permission of, and without express attribution to, Winchester Mystery House, LLC. If we provide social media features with certain content (for example, Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram® or YouTube®), you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
- This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13.
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is the property of Winchester Mystery House, LLC or its content suppliers, and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Unless otherwise noted, content or any portion of the Site may not be copied, redistributed, used or published by you, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions without the written permission of Winchester Mystery House, LLC.
- While Winchester Mystery House, LLC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, Winchester Mystery House, LLC makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of information on the Site. Winchester Mystery House, LLC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by you or any other visitor to the Site. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, Neither Winchester Mystery House, LLC nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENTS, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
- The information posted on the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Winchester Mystery House, LLC nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Winchester Mystery House, LLC assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- While we are always happy to hear from you, it is the policy of Winchester Mystery House, LLC not to accept unsolicited materials, or consider creative materials, ideas, or suggestions other than those we specifically request. This policy is necessary for administrative reasons, and to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed independently. Accordingly, please do not send to us any original creative materials such as screenplays, stories, original artwork, etc.
- COPYRIGHT:© 2013-2018 Winchester Mystery House, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The contents of all pages and material available on this Site, including but not limited to photographic images and videos, are copyrighted by Winchester Mystery House, LLC unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved by Winchester Mystery House, LLC. The use of this content by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the content on the Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Copyright infringement is a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks, including, without limitation WINCHESTER MYSTERY HOUSE®, the Winchester Mystery House structure and architecture, and the logos shown on this Site (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Winchester Mystery House, LLC and other respective owners. No use of Trademarks is permitted without the express written license of Winchester Mystery House, LLC. Other trademarks, service marks and logos used and displayed on this Site include registered and unregistered trademarks of third parties as indicated. Other product and company names mentioned in this Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site, without the prior written permission of the respective trademark owner. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Winchester Mystery House, LLC or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Winchester Mystery House, LLC will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- This Site includes content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by us, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect our opinion. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. Winchester Mystery House has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- This Site may provide certain social media features that allow you to link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Site; send emails or other communications (e.g., Facebook posts or Tweets) with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Site, or cause limited portions of content on this Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with. However, you must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you, cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site (for example, framing, deep linking), or otherwise take any action with respect to the content on the Site inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our sole discretion.
- Although Winchester Mystery House, LLC may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Winchester Mystery House, LLC is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such material whether posted to the Site or linked from other locations, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Winchester Mystery House, LLC will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Winchester Mystery House, LLC to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Winchester Mystery House, LLC and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. Winchester Mystery House, LLC reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with Winchester Mystery House, LLC in the defense of such claim.
- The Site is controlled and operated by Winchester Mystery House, LLC from its offices within the State of California, United States of America. Winchester Mystery House, LLC makes no representation that the materials or content of the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations and other countries. Those who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice containing all of the following information to our Copyright Agent:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice containing the above information to our Copyright Agent. Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached as follows: